wrong kind of Republican
for New Jersey
Previous Featured Candidate:
week until the election, we feature one of the four
the extremist Scott Garrett.
Party affiliation: Socialist Party USA
38 years old. Resident of Rochelle Park
Anti-racist activist and co-Chair of the NJ Local of the National
Married to Andrea Pason for 16 years w/ one son, Trevor (10 years old)
Greg Pason supports:
- Healthcare for All -- a socialized heathcare system under workers and
- Economic Justice -- a guaranteed
minimum income, steeply graduated income tax and the elimination of
regressive "sin" and sales taxes.
- Abolition of the WTO, NAFTA,
IMF -- and other pro-capitalist/pro-corporate "free-trade" agreements.
- Abolish the USA PATRIOT Acts
-- and other repressive "anti-terrorism" legislation.
- Reform the Criminal Justice System and Abolish the Death Penalty --
Jobs not prisons. Stop criminalizing
- Mass Transit -- expand the national rail system and nationalize the
airlines. Retire diesel buses and build environmentally-friendly
- Workers' Rights -- stronger labor laws and the abolition of
- Education -- stop funding schools through state property taxes
and start funding them through the federal
income tax. Also, provide free post secondary education.
- Peace and Anti-Intervention -- U.S. out of Iraq, and support
the self determination of the Palestinian
people. We must end all U.S. military subsidies to Israel.
- Public Works -- a new Works Progress and Civilian Conservation
- Political Democracy -- public financing of campaigns and
a constitutional right to vote, so voters can not
be disenfranchised because of past convictions or discriminated
against because of their ethnicity or the color
of their skin.
Fifth District Challengers: